- spend the day with people who truly inspire you
- follow & speak the Truth in your heart
- express your love & gratitude to those who matter the most & even to the stranger on the street!
- show yourself a little love (practice self-compassion & rock on with your brilliant self!)
- engage in some exercise & get your heart rate up to keep your heart pumping strong
- do yoga! try heart opening poses so you’ll be more receptive to receiving love (check yoga journals heart focused poses)
- focus on your heart chakra
Me and my super rad valentine’s day date have a healthy, mellow, & inexpensive day planned, but I couldn’t be more excited! No matter how you spend your day, as long as you’re in good company that’s what truly matters. So grab your mom, dad, sister, brother, best friend, or significant other & try out my fun, laid back, health conscious valentine’s day plan….
- Cook a meal that’s loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Make sure to get a wide variety of colorful vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains & legumes. With my fabulous friend Jenny in mind, here are some meatless monday ideas: Almond Mushroom Dip. Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions. Raw Lasagna. Brown & wild rice with asparagus. Avocado Wasabi Salad. Roasted Balsamic Veggies. Dark Chocolate Strawberries. Try including some of these 25 heart-healthy foods.
- Check out a yoga class. It’s valentines day so I’m assuming many teachers out there will take the opportunity to have a heart centered theme in their classes today :) For a guaranteed heart opening themed class check out an Anusara Yoga studio.
Anusara (a-nu-sar-a), means “flowing with Grace,” “flowing with Nature,” “following your heart.”
Anusara is a heart oriented, spiritually inspiring, & yet grounded in the Universal Principles of Alignment for both the inner & outer body. It is a uniquely integrated style of hatha yoga in which the artistic glory of the human heart blends with the scientific principles of biomechanics. – John Friend, Founder of Anusara Yoga
I’m personally hitting up Still Yoga, an Anusara Yoga Studio on the East side of LA, for the first time tonight. Review coming your way soon ;)
I leave you with one of my favorite songs, L.O.V.E sang originally by Nat King Cole, & re-done here by Joss Stone!
Sending love your way, all day , everyday!